Sunday 15 May 2011

I love my life and I love my job as a floral designer too but sometimes things are sent to try us . Smithers oasis invited me to head north to be the guest designer for the summer edition of "fresh" magazine. So armed with a car load of fab flowers from my trusted wholesaler in Ashford and a ton of exciting sundries from Oasis I headed north on my adventure with my trusty sat nat for company. OK !!!! big mistake number 1- DO NOT EVER TRUST YOUR SAT NAV !!!!! it has a hidden agenda- first, it estimated the travelling time to be 5.5 hours- 8 hours later I am at my pretend destination and its an hour too far north from the real destination. . Real Destination finally reached without any help of the sat nav but with help from the locals at the petrol station. I finally head to the hotel with a 2nd sat nave installed, estimated time 15 minutes !!! 60 minutes later I have passed a local land mark 7 times and the sat nave stops working completly in the middle of a rush hour traffic jam !!!! Destination finally found with help of local policeman who felt sorry for me and I arrived just in time to go for dinner !!!!.
The photo shoot was fantastic and I had fun with the Oasis team and the magazine will be out in July so be sure to pick up a copy from your wholesaler or from Smithers direct. The new Maxi life foam is brilliant if you havent tried it so check it out.