Sunday 9 June 2013

Guildford Cathedral 2013

June 2013
Guildford Cathedral Flower Gala. What a fantastic week working on the Alter exhibit for this fab show. Paula Pryke  headed the  design team and I worked from Monday through to Thursday on the preparation and launch.
 My design depicts the Queens Coronation and  it was left  up for the  coronation mass on Sunday  9th June in the Cathedral . My aim  was to create an English country garden look and  Chris Wolfe  from Southeast flowers  knew exactly where I was coming from and wanting to go with my ideas.




 The crown is made from  bronze mesh shaped into a crown  and 400  freeze dried statchy leaves were glued  onto the wire frame. Reindeer moss was  wired and  glued  around the base and  diamantes glued into place. Wire structures were made and I glued in  aspidistra leaves and trimmed them to fit. I then added  tiny flowers and berries which were   were glued  around the frame. A cushion was made from Purple velvet and the remainder was placed inside the crown.